Fundraisers can produce their own promotional material in support of their fundraising event.
Such material should always state that Over and Above is a registered charity number 1051463 and include the charity logo (available on request). You should state clearly the purpose for which the funds are to be raised. It is requested that all promotional material be cleared with our fundraising office before they are used.
Hints and tips
- Whenever you plan an event it is always worth telling your local paper/free papers and local radio stations. A mention in the local press can be invaluable in raising your profile. Getting free advertising for your event and engaging local businesses. Building a good relationship with your local media can really pay dividends – so make sure you get a mention.
- Think about where you can publicise your event in your local area i.e. where you can place posters, display leaflets etc and remember websites.
- We may be able to advertise your event on our charity website and across the hospitals in our Trust newsletters.
- You can set up a sponsorship page on the just giving website (https://www.justgiving.com/overandabove).
- If you are organising a big event by yourself perhaps you could find people in your area who can lend a hand, it can be their time, money, prizes, a venue or quite simply, advice.
- Wherever you choose to publicise your event, always speak to people working there and let them know what you are doing so they can pass the word on.
- Be clear and concise in your publication.
- Use spell check – and get someone else to read your work.
- Send any artwork / press releases to Over and Above Charity for approval first to, email: email@example.com
Thank you .. good luck … and please … keep in touch