Personal information identifies a living individual. Therefore your personal information is anything that can be attributed to you personally. So long as you can be identified from it.
Organisations that use personal information must do so in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018. The Act applies to personal information held in both electronic and paper records.
Examples of the personal information that we may hold about you are:
- Full name and title
- Contact information including address and post code. This can also include place of work.
- Phone numbers and email addresses
- Bank account details (if donating by debit or credit card/setting up a direct debit for regular donations)
- Date of birth
- We may collect information relating to your health (for example if you are taking part in an event or volunteering for us)
- Emergency next of kin details (if you are volunteering for us)
If you sponsor a person using an online giving platform such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving and you indicate that you would like to hear from us, then they may pass on your contact details to us so that we can tell you more about our Charity. You should check the Privacy Statements of sites such as Just Giving, before you give them your information.
Last updated: August 14, 2018