What is Payroll Giving?
Payroll Giving is a unique way for people to give regularly. It is one of the most tax-effective ways of giving to charity as it comes out of your gross pay (before tax) so it will cost you at least 25% less. This allows your support of NDHT to go even further.
|Cost to a standard rate tax payer (20%)||Cost to a higher rate tax payer (40%)|
Every time you’re paid, your Payroll Department will deduct the agreed amount from your salary and send it to us, so there’s no need to share your bank details with the charity. There’s nothing more for you to do!
Benefits to me
Once you’re all set up you can relax, safe in the knowledge that your donation is being collected in one of the most cost-effective ways possible.
- Easy and convenient – running marathons and baking cakes is not for everyone. Payroll Giving is ideal for busy people who prefer something quick and easy!
- Control of your giving – ability to change gift amount and opt in to any communication you may like to receive.
- Donor privacy – we won’t ask for your bank details as the donation comes straight out of your salary.
- Pay less to give more – it’s the only way to give that allows full tax relief on donations.
Benefits to the charity
With your support we can continue to go over and above for local patients and their families.
- Regular income – a regular and reliable income allows us to plan ahead and budget for the future.
- Larger gifts – since donors benefit from tax-relief, many feel able to give a little more than they might otherwise be able to afford.
- Matched donations – matching is a great way to inspire staff to sign up to payroll giving, whilst also boosting morale and raising a company’s ethical profile.
Benefits for employers
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is crucial whatever the size of your business, which is why more employers than ever are implementing Payroll Giving schemes.
- Low effort – virtually no set up and running costs and minimal admin as most payroll systems are already equipped to process donations.
- High reward – on average, employees will donate for 5 years. This means if 10 of your employees gave £10 each month, your company would raise £6,000 for Over and Above over 5 years. That’s worth shouting about!
- Moral boosting – shows commitment to your employees, helping increase motivation and a more positive work environment.
How do I get started?
If you would like to donate in this way, you simply need to contact your company’s payroll department, advise them that you wish to start giving monthly to a charity, and ask them to provide you with the relevant form.
You will need to supply our charity number and address as detailed below:
Over and Above
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
North Devon District Hospital
Registered Charity No. 1051463
If you have any questions or would like to discuss payroll giving please get in touch.
Last updated: June 26, 2020