There are many different events you could arrange or take part in to help raise money for Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust Charitable Fund. All you need is ideas and enthusiasm!
Please contact us if you would like to organise your own fundraising event and we will provide you with a letter stating you are fundraising on behalf of the charity.
Just tell us when you are planning to raise money and the type of event you are organising. Please download our fundraising authorisation form (pdf). If you need Adobe Reader to view this file please download here.
We will help you arrange your publicity and advertise your event on this website and in our hospital publications.
Here are some guidance on making sure your events are SAFE and LEGAL
PLEASE BE SAFE AND LEGAL
- Make sure children are always supervised at events and please do not allow children to collect money.
- Please do not carry out house to house collections – it is illegal without a special licence. Please do not collect money in the street unless you have a street collection licence.
- Please make sure you have first aid cover if you are organising a larger event, we can provide you with contact information for St John Ambulance or the British Red Cross.
- Please check with your local authority whether you need to obtain special licences e.g. public entertainment, collection or alcohol.
- Please tell us if you intend to run a raffle, we need to advise you on the latest rules.
- To check food hygiene rules please visit www.food.gov.uk or contact the local council.
- Do check if your event venue has an alcohol licence, if not you will need to contact the local council to obtain a temporary licence.
- You will need to look at insurance – please discuss this with us.
- We are grateful for your support but cannot accept liability for any fundraising activity or event you undertake to benefit the Northern Devon Healthcare Trust Charitable Fund (Charity No 1051463)