Date/Time October 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021 All Day
Experience an exhilarating adrenaline rush as you stand on the wings of a Boeing Stearman PT17 Kaydet with our fantastic wing walk challenge. Flown by highly experienced wing walking display pilots at Dunkeswell Airfield, you will take to the skies and experience a variety of flypasts and manoeuvres with the highlight being a dive from 500ft and a zoom climb with a final “Run and Break” before landing.
It’s an unforgettable experience, and back on the ground, the money you raise will make a real difference to our patients, their families and our amazing staff that treat them.
What to expect on the day:
Full pre-flight briefing with detailed instructions.
- Allow for 2-3 hours at the airfield.
- Fly as the wing walker in front of family and friends.
- Complete a variety of flypasts and manoeuvres with the highlight being a dive from 500ft and a zoom climb with a final “Run and Break” before landing.
- Receive a certificate as confirmation of your Wing-Walk Experience.
Option 1 – Fundraising: £100 deposit and fundraise a further £499
Option 2 – Self-fund: Pay £399 and fundraise £200
- Experience takes place at Dunkeswell Airfield in Honiton.
- There are no height restrictions for this experience.
- Wing walkers must be under 12 stone 2lbs (77kg). This will soon be increasing to 14 stone (89kg) but no date yet confirmed for this.
- You must be at least 18 years old. If older than 65 you will require a Doctor’s signature confirming your fitness to participate in this experience.
- You must be able to climb up the aircraft to the rig on the top wing (approximately 10 feet)
How to book:
Get in touch with us and we can talk you through the next steps – firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01271 311 722.
Terms and conditions:
Please note that a charity Wing Walk is a challenging activity and comes with a few risk factors. Over and Above cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident loss, damage or public liability. Please take note of the following:
- The maximum weight to participate is 12.2 stone.
- You must be at least 18 years old. If older than 65 you will require a Doctor’s signature confirming your fitness to participate in this experience. You should receive a medical form to fill out, but in the event it does not arrive, please contact Wing Walk Displays by emailing email@example.com or calling 01404 890244.
- The conditions listed below may lead to a dangerous situation and therefore you may be unable to participate:
- Epilepsy, fits, severe head or neck injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes (Type 1), mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.
- To participate you will be required to climb up the aircraft to the top wing where the Rig is fixed (about 10 feet).