Sponsored marathons, bike rides, abseils, skydives and swims are always popular but the thought of collecting sponsorship can be daunting.
Listed below are some tips to help your fundraising become easier and more effective.
Thank You and Good Luck!
Sponsorship form (pdf)
- Start your sponsor form off with your best sponsor – if you can start your sponsor form off with a £10 pledge this may set a trend.
- Collect the pledge straight away – most people will sponsor you as a total donation and not per mile/unit.
- Make cheques payable to: Over and Above
- Make a list of your family and friends, sports clubs, schools, work colleagues etc. Decide the best way to contact them.
- Friends and family are always the first place to start and are the best source of encouragement.
- Ask your employers for support – many companies will give match funding £ for £.
- Look to your work colleagues for donations.
- You don’t have to do this on your own – develop a team of supporters and ask them to get pledges on your behalf.
- GIFT AID IT! remind your sponsors to sign the column for Gift Aid on your sponsor form, this will raise your donations by an extra 25p per £1 donation! Please download our Gift Aid Declaration form (adobe pdf format) and send back to the fundraising department.
- Create a sponsorship page on www.justgiving.com/ndevonhealth – this is a quick and easy way of gaining donations with less hassle for yourself as the donation goes straight to Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust Charitable Fund (charity working name of Over and Above).
- Flag up your fundraising efforts in your e-mail signature so that you can keep reminding everyone about your fundraising – link it to your donation page on the justgiving website.
Registered charity number 1051463